Former Macedonian President Kiro Gligorov Dies
Kiro Gligorov, the first democratically elected president of the Republic of Macedonia, has died at the age of 94.
The news was officially confirmed by Zivko Kondev, head of Gligorov's office, who said that he had died in his sleep at his home in Skopje on Sunday evening.
Gligorov, who led Macedonia to independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, served for two terms, from January 27, 1991 to November 19, 1999.
The funeral will take place on January 03 at the Butel cemetery in Skopje.
- » Stephen Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, Dead at 90
- » The Head of the Chinese Company, which Won the Concession of Plovdiv Airport, has Passed Away
- » The Popular Bulgarian Historian Professor Bozhidar Dimitrov has Passed Away
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92