Wilders Wants to Kick Bulgaria, Romania Out of EU
Far-right Dutch "Freedom Part", led by controversial politician Geert Wilders, wants to kick Bulgaria and Romania out of the EU, according to its deputies.
During a plenary session in the Dutch Parliament's Chamber of Representatives on Saturday, Ino van den Besselaar, a Freedom Party deputy, declared his formations position regarding Bulgaria and Romania's EU membership, as cited by bTV.
Ino van den Besselaar spoke on the free movement of workers in the EU.
In his words, Bulgaria and Romania became EU members in 2007 without having fulfilled the membership criteria.
He said that should not have been allowed to happen, and that if it were up to the Dutch Freedom Party Bulgaria and Romania would be kicked out of the Union immediately because of their severe problems with corruption and organization crime.
In the past Dutch parliamentary election, the PVV (Party for Freedom) won 24 seats, making it the third largest in Parliament, which paved the way for it to become an important partner of the ruling coalition, albeit without ministerial seats.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: EU Funds Have Led to Increased Wages, Business Investments, GDP Rise by 7.7%
- » OLAF: Romania Ranks First in Fraud Cases with EU Funds, Bulgaria is Fifth
- » Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
- » European Parliament Will Discuss the Situation in Bulgaria
- » EC Approves €4.4 Million Bulgarian Support Measure to Burgas and Varna Airports
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life