Wilders Wants to Kick Bulgaria, Romania Out of EU
Far-right Dutch "Freedom Part", led by controversial politician Geert Wilders, wants to kick Bulgaria and Romania out of the EU, according to its deputies.
During a plenary session in the Dutch Parliament's Chamber of Representatives on Saturday, Ino van den Besselaar, a Freedom Party deputy, declared his formations position regarding Bulgaria and Romania's EU membership, as cited by bTV.
Ino van den Besselaar spoke on the free movement of workers in the EU.
In his words, Bulgaria and Romania became EU members in 2007 without having fulfilled the membership criteria.
He said that should not have been allowed to happen, and that if it were up to the Dutch Freedom Party Bulgaria and Romania would be kicked out of the Union immediately because of their severe problems with corruption and organization crime.
In the past Dutch parliamentary election, the PVV (Party for Freedom) won 24 seats, making it the third largest in Parliament, which paved the way for it to become an important partner of the ruling coalition, albeit without ministerial seats.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria