Body of Bulgarian aboard Sunken Oil Rig Recognized
The body of Zhivko Zhekov, the Bulgarian who was onboard the Russian oil platform that capsized and sank is the Sea of Okhotsk last Sunday, has been officially recognized.
The body of the 50-year-old Bulgarian has been found some 10-12 miles south of the place where the Kolskaya oil rig sank.
The Bulgarian was onboard of the platform in his capacity of representative of the British insurance company "Noble Denton."
The rig with 67 people on board capsized and sank on Sunday as it was being towed from the Kamchatka peninsula toward the island of Sakhalin. Only 14 people have been rescued.
A breach of safety regulations is being investigated as the main cause of the incident.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 20 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and increasingly Warm Temperatures this week
- » Floods in Northwestern Bulgaria caused severe Damages
- » 55% of Drivers in Bulgaria drive at Excessive Speed in Populated Areas
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 23 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria will have Medical Helicopters within a month