Bulgarians Write History of Rakia in a Vinprom-Peshtera Contest
Society | September 4, 2002, Wednesday // 00:00
A unique writing contest was announced by top spirits producer Vinprom - Peshtera, seeking to collect historical data about Bulgaria's most popular alcohol drink - the "rakia". More than 20, 000 rakia enthusiasts are expected to take part competing for prizes worth more than BGN 6,000. "The rakia is a traditional beverage in Bulgaria, but we know so little about its history. We should get better acquainted with this unique drink that has no real equivalent in the rest of the world," Svetoslav Iliev, marketing manager of Vinprom - Peshtera, said. To take part in the contest, the drink connoisseurs should complete History of Rakia - an essay already begun by Vinprom-Peshtera. The assessment in the first stage of the contest will involve the Education Ministry. Reliable information about the drink's history, creative approach and a touch of originality will be highly favored. The winner will be selected by a special committee set up to scrutinize the high-scorers. Vinrom-Peshtera is a leading Bulgarian exporter of quality wines to Japan, US, Great Britain, Denmark, Finland, Belarus, Ukraine, Mongolia. European and U.S. vendors are also interested in the company's domestic market hit - the rakia brand "Peshterska Muskatova".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 133 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather in Bulgaria, in the morning with Reduced Visibility
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia
- » Bulgaria Ranks 77th in the World in Terms of Happiness
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours