Last US Troops Leave Iraq
The last American soldiers have left Iraq early Sunday morning, after the 9-year US intervention in the country was officially ended with a ceremony Thursday.
The last unit of 110 vehicles transporting around 500 US troops has crossed into Kuwait from Iraq Sunday.
The US army in Iraq, once numbering as many as 170,000, has been reduced to a strategic contingent of just 157 service men
During its stay in Iraq, which started in 2003, the American army has built or adapted 505 military bases in the country.
Thursday American President Barack Obama described the operation that deposed long-time Iraq ruler Saddam Hussein as a "success", and said that all sacrifices made were justified by the fact that now Iraq is "sovereign, stable and self-reliant."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia Claims Its Ship 'threatened to ram' US Ship in Sea of Japan
- » Scotland Becomes First Country to Provide Free Menstrual Products
- » Germany Plans to Ease Restrictions for Holidays
- » Bulgarians Can Enter the UK Without Visa for 6 Months From 2021
- » COVID-19 Deaths in Romania Reached 10,000
- » Macron Calls for Distributing First COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to Low-Income Countries