Child Porn Arrests across Europe, Bulgaria Too
Police in 22 European countries, including Bulgaria, have arrested 112 suspects in an online child pornography investigation, Europe's police agency, Europol, announced.
"So far, in 22 countries we have identified 269 suspects with 112 arrests," Europol director Rob Wainwright said.
The investigation, named Operation Icarus, was ongoing and more arrests were expected, said Mr Wainwright.
The operation targeted those sharing the most extreme forms of video material, which included babies and toddlers being sexually abused and raped.
One of the suspects arrested for downloading illegal material was believed to be grooming a young child, but had not yet met the child face to face, Europol said in a statement.
The participating countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Croatia, Norway, Switzerland.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Student from Sofia sent Part of the E-mails Containing Bomb Threats to Schools in Bulgaria
- » Bomb Threats again in Many Bulgarian Schools
- » A Bulgarian and 6 other People have been Detained for Preparing Terrorist Attacks in Belgium
- » Bulgaria: There is a Suspect for the Bomb Threats - Emails were sent to 102 Schools across the country
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad