Rare Bird Eggs Poaching Brit Nabbed by Bulgarian Police
Bulgarian police in the southern Black Sea city of Burgas have detained a British citizen, accusing him of the peculiar crime of collecting the eggs of rare birds.
Collecting such eggs is a crime under Bulgarian and European law, as it is an activity that can lead to significant damage to populations of endangered species.
The unnamed UK citizen, a resident of Burgas has been detained during a special operation of the local police, who had followed his activities for some time.
Upon conducting a search of his flat, police officers found a number of eggs of bird species protected in Bulgaria and other European countries, including vultures.
The undisclosed number of eggs uncovered suggests that the person has participated in or sponsored massive plundering from birds' nests, which manifestly threatens their reproduction.
Further investigations are under way to fully document the activities of the British citizen.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Military Man Killed his Girlfriend and Committed Suicide
- » Bulgaria: A Man Stabbed his Neighbors because of their Barking Dog
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova