Varna Bishop Stuns Laity with 'Obama' Limousine
The Bishop of Varna and Veliki Preslav, Kiril, stunned Tuesday his congregation, arriving to serve the festive Divine Liturgy for St Nicholas Day in a luxury limousine.
Kiril arrived at the St Nikola church in the Black Sea city in a brand new "Lincoln MKZ Hybrid" - model 2012. The vehicle is not offered on the Bulgarian market and is possibly the first such model in the country.
The car is the first hybrid vehicle of Lincoln. It provides top-notch luxury with a real-wood interior and seven safety technologies. In the US its starting price is about USD 35 000. It is considered to be the most luxurious hybrid vehicle in America.
Until now the Bishop used a French Peugeot, but says he had to get rid of it over high gas consumption.
"This car has been delivered especially for me, before coming on the market. Only the American President uses such model," Kiril bragged, pointing out he was not afraid of audits, because the car had not been purchases with Church money.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Hurricane Wind Damaged a Commercial Establishment and Cars in Pazardzhik
- » Second Day of Bomb Threats in Schools across Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threat at a School in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Over 250 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Code Orange for Strong Winds in 8 Regions of Bulgaria for Today
- » Bulgaria: New, Stricter Measures for Traffic Violators