Varna Bishop Stuns Laity with 'Obama' Limousine
The Bishop of Varna and Veliki Preslav, Kiril, stunned Tuesday his congregation, arriving to serve the festive Divine Liturgy for St Nicholas Day in a luxury limousine.
Kiril arrived at the St Nikola church in the Black Sea city in a brand new "Lincoln MKZ Hybrid" - model 2012. The vehicle is not offered on the Bulgarian market and is possibly the first such model in the country.
The car is the first hybrid vehicle of Lincoln. It provides top-notch luxury with a real-wood interior and seven safety technologies. In the US its starting price is about USD 35 000. It is considered to be the most luxurious hybrid vehicle in America.
Until now the Bishop used a French Peugeot, but says he had to get rid of it over high gas consumption.
"This car has been delivered especially for me, before coming on the market. Only the American President uses such model," Kiril bragged, pointing out he was not afraid of audits, because the car had not been purchases with Church money.
- » Bulgaria - One of the EU Countries with the Highest Shares of Total Revenue from Environmental Tax
- » BGN 20 Million Allocated for Ambulance Helicopters
- » ROADPOL Operation: Over 3000 Violations Registered
- » Green Zone to be Introduced in 4 More Sofia Neighbourhoods?
- » First Case of a COVID-19 Infected in Israel
- » A Tram Hit a Child in Sofia