'Insane' Norway Shooter Breivik Pleads Sanity
Norwegian terrorist mass killer Anders Behring Breivik has disputed a psychiatry report commissioned by the court which has concluded he is insane and unaccountable for his actions.
"We studied the psychiatrists' report. It contains factual errors, lies and out of context statements," said Breivik's lawyer Odd Ivar Groen for Norwegian paper Verdens Gang.
According to the psychiatry report revealed Tuesday, the shooter suffers from paranoid schizophrenic disorder and needs compulsory treatment.
"To be defined insane is the worst Breivik could wish. That makes him just a madman talking from the tribune," stated then victims' lawyer Anne Selan, as cited by Dagbladet.
The 32-year-old right-wing Christian extremist has been in custody since the 22 July attacks in Oslo and at a youth camp on the island of Utoeya.
The attacks resulted in 77 deaths, 69 of them on Utoeya, and 151 persons injured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » 2023 Bosnia and Hercegovina: Putinians to Establish Institutional Control of the Country
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority
- » Hungary to Veto EU Nuclear Sanctions against Russia
- » Day 338 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Nuclear Regulator reported Strong Explosions near the Zaporizhzhia NPP (UPDATED)
- » EU Commissioner Rejected the Idea of Financing a Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border