Traffic Resumes after Crash Blocks Bulgaria Hemus Highway
Road traffic has been restored in the Vitinya Tunnel on Bulgaria's Hemus Highway linking the north and south, after a chain crash of some 20 vehicles blocked the artery Saturday.
A large freight truck slid and crashed in the tunnel, after which two further trucks slammed into it, causing a chain traffic crash involving 15 further personal automobiles.
Two persons have been reported hurt in the accident, but the level of their injuries has not been revealed.
A large line formed at the site of the accident, and traffic was temporarily diverted to the old narrow and winding road through Vitinya Pass.
The Hemus Highway is a major road artery between northern and southern Bulgaria passing through Sofia, and forming a key road link between Romania and Greece.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Health Introduces Three New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Golden Autumn, Up to 35 Degrees in October
- » Anti-Government Protests in Bulgaria, Day 83
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 276 Newly Registered Cases, 20547 Total
- » New COVID-19 Outbreak in a Sewing Factory in Bulgaria's City Aytos
- » Researchers Developed A Cheaper and Faster COVID-19 Test