Sofia Urges Germany to Pour Money into Bulgaria's Ports, Airports
Bulgaria's Transport and IT Minister Ivaylo Moskovski has called upon German investors to take part in the concessions of Bulgarian ports and airports.
Moskovski met with Klaus-Dieter Scheurle, State Secretary of Germany's Ministry for Transport, Construction and Urban Planning in Berlin on Thursday, the press service of the Bulgarian Transport Ministry said.
According to the Bulgarian government, this is the highest level meeting of the transport authorities of Bulgaria and Germany in the past five years.
"The program of the Bulgarian government provides for granting the Bulgarian ports and airports on 35-year concessions since the national budget does not have sufficient funds for investments," Moskovski explained in Berlin.
He expressed Bulgaria's hopes that German companies will take part in public-private partnerships in Bulgaria.
Bulgaria hopes that Hamburg Port and Logistics Company, the operator of Germany's major port, will express interest in the concession of the Bulgarian Port Varna on the Black Sea, Moskovski stated also in Berlin.
The German side has assured the Bulgarian Transport Minister that German companies will study in detail the investment opportunities in Bulgaria.
"Germany's government supports Bulgaria's decision to grant its airport and port infrastructure on concession, and I am certain that German companies will be interested, which will help to improve even further the ties between Bulgaria and Germany," Sheurle is quoted as saying.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moody's confirmed the Credit Rating of Bulgaria and Predicts Postponement of the Euro
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgarian Financier: Adoption of the Euro will Not Raise Prices
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started