Bulgaria to Face Italy in 1st World Cup 2014 Qualifier
Underdogs Bulgaria will kick off their World Cup 2014 qualifying campaign against Italy on September 7 2012, it has been made clear.
The game against Italy in Sofia will mark the official debut of Bulgaria's new coach, former Atletico Madrid striker Lyuboslav Penev, who is the nephew of the most successful Bulgarian football manager in history, Dimitar Penev.
Four days after their game with Italy, Penev's boys will face Armenia at home. On October 12, the Bulgarians will play against Denmark, once again in Sofia.
The other teams in Group B are Malta and the Czech Republic.
Bulgaria does not seem to stand any chances of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The Balkan team is in deep crisis, as it recently slumped to the historically low 85th place in the FIFA/Coca Cola World Ranking (a little behind Antigua and Barbuda).
Bulgaria's dismal performance in the Euro 2012 qualifiers is the main reason behind the massive collapse. The Balkan squad finished last in its qualifying group with just 5 points.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside