Bulgaria's New National Stadium to Be Built near Sofia Airport
Bulgaria's new national stadium is going to be built in the Sofia suburb of Vrazhdebna, the Minister of Youth and Sports, Svilen Neykov, has announced.
The investor in the project is a Spanish company, invited to Bulgaria by legendary striker Hristo Stoichkov, who in mid-October was appointed consul in Barcelona.
Neykov says the project has already been launched and Chief Architect of Sofia, Petar Dikov, is already working on the details. The location has been designated as Vrazhdebna while the transfer of the land plot under the Sports Ministry is forthcoming.
Recently, Stoichkov announced that the construction can begin in January. At the end of July, he presented several large-scale projects for new sports facilities, to be funded by the WMA company.
At the time, the Spanish business pointed out each new stadium is to cost about EUR 150 M and could be finished in five years after the issuing of construction permits.
The new national stadium will be called "Arena of the Rose" and will be constructed near the International Airport where Vrazhdebna is located. It will have 40 000 seats and seen from above it will look like a rose. There will be three additional fields, a hotel and stores in the vicinity of the facility.
- » The Villages Around the Resorts in Bulgaria Attract with Cheap Properties
- » 42,000 Buildings in Bulgaria Need Renovation
- » The Price of Agricultural Land in Bulgaria has Risen by 5%
- » The Luxury Property Market in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv, Burgas and Varna with most Residential Buildings put into Operation
- » The Rents of Premium Offices in Sofia are Growing