20 Men Busted in Child Pornography Crackdown by Bulgarian Police
Bulgaria's Unit for Combating Organized Crime GDBOP has arrested 20 men participating in a child pornography ring.
GDBOP's special operation was carried out Tuesday night together with anti-mafia squads from the IT crimes and gambling unit of the Bulgarian police, the Interior Ministry press service announced on Wednesday.
The 20 men were arrested all over the country – in Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Varna, Veliko Tarnovo, Gorna Oryahovitsa, Plovdiv, Pleven, Sliven, Svishtov, and the wider Sofia region.
The police also seized a large amount of computer and video equipment. Initial reports of the police say the cops captured dozens of terrabites of pornographic videos featuring "extremely repulsing sexual profanities" with children aged between 2 and 11.
The police has also found footage shot on Skype in which young children "were forced to satisfy the sexually perverse desires of adult men," in the language of the police.
The detainees are aged between 20 and 40; each of them has been arrested for 24 hours.
One of the detainees is Yulian Velchev, an associate professor at the Radiotechnology Department of the Sofia Technical University.
The police have been investigating and following the pedophilia suspects since early September.
A video report of the Interior Ministry press center of the anti-child pornography operation can be viewed HERE
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search