12.5 kg of Heroin Busted at Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Bulgarian customs agents have captured a 12.5 kg shipment of heroin at the Kapitan Andreevo crossing on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The drugs were discovered in secret compartments inside the doors of a car with Bulgarian license plates entering Bulgaria from Turkey.
According to the Bulgarian police, the heroin shipment is worth over BGN 1.5 M in "retail" prices.
The driver of the car and the only passengers have been arrested. The two men, aged 49 and 31 are a father and a son, and, according to the Customs Agency, are "Bulgarian citizens of Roma origin."
The hit of the customs officers was followed up by a special operation of the Bulgarian Unit for Combating Organized Crime GDBOP, which arrested one more Bulgarian citizen and a Turkish citizen who are suspected of being involved in the drug trafficking channel.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven