Eastern Bulgaria Alert over Torrential Rains
Incessant torrential days have led the Bulgarian authorities to declare a Code "Yellow" alert for Eastern Bulgaria.
The alert refers to three southeastern and two northeastern districts – Burgas, Yambol, Haskovo, Dobrich and Varna.
The National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology has advised extreme caution over the meteorological conditions in Eastern and Southeastern Bulgaria.
Meanwhile, the Ruen Municipality in the Burgas District declared an emergency situation over flooding in a number of houses in the municipality.
Fire brigade units have saved a man from drowning along the Bulgarian-Turkish border, while most of the roads in Bulgaria's southeast – between the towns of Sredets and Elhovo – have been closed over the torrential rains.
The Lesovo crossing on the Turkish border was also briefly shut earlier on Monday.
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale Sensed in Dimitrovgrad and Haskovo
- » In the Afternoon Above the Eastern and Mountainous Regions of Bulgaria Could be Raindfall
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rains and Thunder in 16 Districts in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires