Eastern Bulgaria Alert over Torrential Rains
Incessant torrential days have led the Bulgarian authorities to declare a Code "Yellow" alert for Eastern Bulgaria.
The alert refers to three southeastern and two northeastern districts – Burgas, Yambol, Haskovo, Dobrich and Varna.
The National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology has advised extreme caution over the meteorological conditions in Eastern and Southeastern Bulgaria.
Meanwhile, the Ruen Municipality in the Burgas District declared an emergency situation over flooding in a number of houses in the municipality.
Fire brigade units have saved a man from drowning along the Bulgarian-Turkish border, while most of the roads in Bulgaria's southeast – between the towns of Sredets and Elhovo – have been closed over the torrential rains.
The Lesovo crossing on the Turkish border was also briefly shut earlier on Monday.
- » Parts of Niagara Falls Park Freeze
- » Cloud and Fog, Highs Between 6° and 11°C
- » World to Miss 2020 Climate 'Turning Point'
- » Light Rain and Snowfall in Northwest Bulgaria, Light Rain in Southwest Regions
- » Blagoevgrad has the most Polluted Air in the past 4 Days
- » The Air in Sofia was Cleaner in 2018 Compared to 2017