Eastern Bulgaria Alert over Torrential Rains
Incessant torrential days have led the Bulgarian authorities to declare a Code "Yellow" alert for Eastern Bulgaria.
The alert refers to three southeastern and two northeastern districts – Burgas, Yambol, Haskovo, Dobrich and Varna.
The National Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology has advised extreme caution over the meteorological conditions in Eastern and Southeastern Bulgaria.
Meanwhile, the Ruen Municipality in the Burgas District declared an emergency situation over flooding in a number of houses in the municipality.
Fire brigade units have saved a man from drowning along the Bulgarian-Turkish border, while most of the roads in Bulgaria's southeast – between the towns of Sredets and Elhovo – have been closed over the torrential rains.
The Lesovo crossing on the Turkish border was also briefly shut earlier on Monday.
- » Climatologist Assoc. Prof. Georgi Rachev Predicts a Warm Winter
- » Mostly Cloudy Today with Rain in Some Parts of West and Central Bulgaria
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C