2.6 Earthquake Felt in Southern Bulgaria
A light earthquake with a 2.6-magnitude on the Richter scale has been registered in southern Bulgaria Monday morning.
The information was reported by the Geophysics Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS. The shock occurred at 7:18 am Monday.
The quake has been felt by residents in the area of the southern city of Yambol, mainly in the Tundzha municipality.
The epicenter was 250 km southeast of the capital Sofia.
There are no reports of material damages or injuries.
- » Climatologist Assoc. Prof. Georgi Rachev Predicts a Warm Winter
- » Mostly Cloudy Today with Rain in Some Parts of West and Central Bulgaria
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C