KFOR Moves to Reclaim Control of Kosovo-Serbia Border
KFOR and EULEX forces have started an operation to regain control of the Kosovo-Serbian border and destroy barricades set up by discontent local ethnic Serbian residents.
Tensions in Serbian-populated Northern Kosovo have been high since the summer after a trade dispute between Serbia and its breakaway province of Kosovo led to a mutually imposed embargo.
Ethnic Serbs in Northern Kosovo do not recognize its independence and therefore view the border as illegal. They have repeatedly blocked access and taken over the two checkpoints of Brnjak and Jarinje.
"KFOR started this operation by request from EULEX to prevent the illegal use of other entry points and thus to curb smuggling," reads a KFOR statement issued Thursday.
"KFOR reserves its right to destroy the barrickades when the proper moment arrives and will not endlessly tolerate them," adds the statement, urgin citizens not to engage in blocking roads and participating in illegal protests.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The President of Austria regrets that his country blocked Bulgaria and Romania for Schengen
- » Romania's Mass Boycott against Austria after the Schengen Decision
- » Romanian Diplomat: Austria is playing a Double Game between the EU and Russia, these are Anti-European semi-Mafia Actions
- » The Dutch Government will officially Apologize for Slavery
- » Japan, Italy and Great Britain are making a Jet Fighter of a New Generation
- » Day 289 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Tipsy Putin Acknowledged Striking Ukraine’s Infrastructure because “They started it First”