7 Bulgarian Regions under Code Yellow over Rain, Gusts
Code yellow has been declared for seven eastern and northeastern Bulgarian regions Tuesday over the forecast for downpours and gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
The warning includes the Sliven, Yambol, Burgas, Varna, Razgrad, Silistra and Dobrich Regions.
Roads all over the country are wet, but passable, the Traffic Police report.
Heavy trucks and trailers are banned Tuesday on the Batak-Dospat road in the Rhodoppe Mountains. Vehicles over 10 tons are banned at the Vratnik, Shipka and Petrohan mountain passes in Stara planiva while at the Aytos one, the ban is for vehicle over 20 tons.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water