1 'Untouchable' Falls Victim of Bloody Attack in Sofia
One of the men, arrested in June during the special operation, codenamed The Untouchables, which aimed at countering draining of Value Added Tax, VAT, has been severely beaten in Sofia overnight.
The news was reported Thursday by the TV channel bTV.
Vasil Lazarov, 42, has been attacked around 10 pm in the Sofia Suhata Reka district. The assailants attempted to cut his years off; cut his Achilles tendon, and left him helpless in a pond of blood.
A woman, from a nearby apartment building, heart his screams for help and called the ambulance.
Lazarov was one of a total of 11 individuals who were arrested in June during the joint operation of the Interior Ministry, the State Agency for National Security, DANS, and the Prosecutor's Office – they were indicted for draining VAT in the amount of BGN 21 M. Lazarov was later released over the lack of evidence.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison