Bulgaria Welcomes Autumn 2011
Autumn finally came in Bulgaria on Friday, putting an end to the country's summer days.
Relatively cold weather has marked the past several days before the official start of the autumn in the Balkan state.
The September equinox occurs at 09:04 (or 9:04am) Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) on September 23, 2011. It is also referred to as the autumnal or fall equinox in the northern hemisphere, as well as the spring or vernal equinox in the southern hemisphere. This is due to the seasonal contrasts between both hemispheres throughout the year.
During the equinox, the length of night and day across the world is nearly, but not entirely, equal.
- » The Beauty of the Amazon Jungle - The "Lungs of the Earth" (GALLERY)
- » 250 Acres of Oak Forest and Pastures Burned near Vetren
- » Weather Forecasters Warn about Dangerous Rip Currents
- » Macron: Amazonia Fires Are an "International Crisis"
- » Sunny Today, Light Cloud in the Afternoon in Mountainous Areas
- » Ambient Air Quality Indicator in Plovdiv Area Does Not Exceed Acceptable Standards