Bulgaria Welcomes Autumn 2011
Autumn finally came in Bulgaria on Friday, putting an end to the country's summer days.
Relatively cold weather has marked the past several days before the official start of the autumn in the Balkan state.
The September equinox occurs at 09:04 (or 9:04am) Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) on September 23, 2011. It is also referred to as the autumnal or fall equinox in the northern hemisphere, as well as the spring or vernal equinox in the southern hemisphere. This is due to the seasonal contrasts between both hemispheres throughout the year.
During the equinox, the length of night and day across the world is nearly, but not entirely, equal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
- » Two Beluga Whales Have Been Moved to an Open Water Sanctuary After Almost 10 Years Away From the Sea
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects