Bulgaria Welcomes Autumn 2011
Autumn finally came in Bulgaria on Friday, putting an end to the country's summer days.
Relatively cold weather has marked the past several days before the official start of the autumn in the Balkan state.
The September equinox occurs at 09:04 (or 9:04am) Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) on September 23, 2011. It is also referred to as the autumnal or fall equinox in the northern hemisphere, as well as the spring or vernal equinox in the southern hemisphere. This is due to the seasonal contrasts between both hemispheres throughout the year.
During the equinox, the length of night and day across the world is nearly, but not entirely, equal.
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale Sensed in Dimitrovgrad and Haskovo
- » In the Afternoon Above the Eastern and Mountainous Regions of Bulgaria Could be Raindfall
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rains and Thunder in 16 Districts in Bulgaria
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires