Bulgarian Volleyball Star Kicked Out of National Squad over Outburst
Eva Yaneva, captain of Bulgaria's national female volleyball team, has been suspended from the squad for a period of 2 years for publicly criticizing the country's former Slovenian coach Dragutin Baltic
For what has been perceived as unprofessional behavior and breaching the FIVB (the global volleyball governing body) code of ethics, Yaneva has also been fined EUR 5 000..
"It will be a good lesson for Eva Yaneva," Bulgarian Volleyball Federation president Dancho Lazarov has commented, as cited by local media.
Last month, Yaneva, who was recently signed by Russia's Dynamo Moscow, failed to turn up for the Bulgaria's preparation camp. She was also among the players who publicly criticized Baltic's work methods.
Dragutin Baltic was recently fired from his position over an alleged sex scandal that rattled the squad. The coach had reportedly sent text messages to two of the players inviting them to his room and asking them to be "discrete". However, a check conducted at the request by the Bulgarian Volleyball Federation revealed the former coach has sent no lewd text messages to his players.
He was succeeded by former Bulgarian international Dimo Tonev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria