Chair of Bulgarian Journalists Union Dies at 58
The Chair of the Union of Bulgarian Journalists, Milen Valkov, passed away Tuesday after a brief illness.
The information was reported by the Union.
Milne Valkov was born on November 16, 1953, in the Black Sea city of Burgas. He had a long media career and extensive experience in journalism, including in the capacity of Director of such major Bulgarian news agencies as Sofia Press and BTA, as member of the Electronic Media Council, CEM, and member of the Managing Board of the Bulgarian National Television, BNT.
In 2002, Valkov became the Chair of the Managing Board of the Union of Bulgarian Journalists.
The funeral will be held Friday, September 16 at 11 am at the Central Sofia Cemetery.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76