Car Crammed with Illegal Immigrants Intercepted at Bulgarian-Greek Border
A total of 17 illegal immigrants were found crammed in a car pulled over for a routine inspection at the Kulata crossing point on the Bulgarian-Greek border on Wednesday.
The vehicle had a Polish number plate and was supposed to carry flat bread for doner kebabs according to the transport documents.
The men had no identification documents and told border authorities that they were from Iraq, Morocco, Kuwait and Afghanistan.
The driver, a 35 year-old Polish citizen, and the illegal immigrants were detained, with notifications filed to a prosecutor and the Greek border authorities.
The investigation into the case continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Former MP Has Been Arrested for Turning off the Power at a Subway Station
- » Growing Threat of Right-Wing Extremism in Germany
- » Double Murder in Kazanlak - Two Men Dead
- » Teenager Murdered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Truck Driver Beaten by Migrants in France
- » DPS Deputy Metodiev Sentenced to 6 Months Probation, BGN 3,000 Penalty