NOAH'S ARK CONSTRUCTED IN BULGARIA
Society | August 25, 2002, Sunday // 00:00
Noah's s Ark is being constructed at Bulgaria's Black Sea coast. The project was launched by a private organization run by the historian Nikolay Kunchev. The complex is to be ready in March next year. The archeological exposition is situated next to coastal resorts Sunny Beach and Nessebur and is thirty kilometers away from Burgas airport. The first stage of the project has already been completed. The idea was born some two years ago, following the scientific expeditions of William Ryan and Walter Pitman and oceanographers from Bulgaria, Russia and Turkey, in the Black Sea. The researchers presented evidence of a bursting flood about 7,500 years ago in what is now the Black Sea. This, some say, supports the biblical story of Noah and the flood. The Noah's Ark exposition will also tell about interesting archaeological findings in Bulgaria and thus is planned to become the most famous site in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 57 New Cases in the Last 24 Hours
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 148 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday