Father Kills Son, Commits Suicide in Bulgarian Capital
An elderly man, 81, killed his son, 39, and committed suicide overnight in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, the Interior Ministry's press center informs Friday.
The murder, which happened in the Tolstoy district, stemmed from a domestic dispute. Police received the call around 3 am Friday. According to initial information, the man killed his son by stabbing him with a knife and then found his own death by jumping from the balcony. The wife had been asleep and is unharmed.
The Head of the Sofia Directorate of Internal Affairs, SDVR, Commissar, Valeri Yordanov, says the direct cause can be attributed to alcohol, however there could be other history behind the tragedy, adding the probe had established so far elevated alcohol level in the son's blood, but the latter is still unconfirmed about the father.
The son was a bachelor and worked as a security guard for a private business.
The situation around the apartment building where the tragedy took place is reported as calm and the area had not been sealed by the police. Neighbors say the father was a nice and peaceful man while the son had problems with alcohol.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia