Thousands Flock to Gela Folk Gathering in Bulgarian Rhodope
Thousands have flocked to the tiny Rhodope Mountains village of Gela for the traditional yearly folklore gathering, featuring a bagpipe contests.
Visitors come from across the country and Europe, including Serbia, Slovenia, Poland, Italy, Spain, and Germany.
Many of them will stay overnight in the villages or in the many campsites around it, in order to take part in the second day of the feast Sunday.
Local authorities are reported to have created all facilities needed for the festival, including health services.
Visitors can buy and taste many traditional Bulgarian and in particular Rhodope produce, including herbs, as well as products of traditional crafts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » First Bulgarian Author Nominated for the “Booker” Award!
- » The Dobruja Pie (Banitsa) became a Protected Product not of Bulgaria, but of Romania
- » Today marks 80 years since the Rescue of the Bulgarian Jews
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Saint Theodore’s Day (Horse Easter)
- » Bulgarian Historian: Our Freedom was not Gifted to us