Bulgaria Registers Drop in Produce Prices
Prices of fruit and vegetables are falling traditionally for this time of the year with their wholesale price index going down to 1.9 points.
The data was released by the State Commission for Commodity Exchanges and Market Places.
Prices of greenhouse tomatoes are down 12.3% to BGN 0.93 per kg, of cucumbers – 6% to BGN 0.9 per kg, of green peppers – by 27%. Cabbage prices remain the same; those of potatoes are down 6% to BGN 0.5 per kg; squash prices are down 7% to BGN 0.4 per kg.
In the last week, watermelon prices were 8% lower to BGN 0.33 per kg as were those of peaches – 6% and BGN 1.12 per kg respectively. Apples' prices are up 4% to BGN 1.65 per kg.
Among basic food stables – prices of sugar are up as are those of flour, cooking oil and rice. Ground meat prices were slightly down. Prices of feta cheese (0.2%) and yellow cheese (kashkaval) – (0.3%) went slightly up.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Facebook's Name will be Changed, According to a Technology Publication
- » Bulgaria: How Long will the Price of Living Continue to Rise?
- » Bulgaria’s Businesses: Dissatisfaction with the Rules for "Green Certificates”
- » Taxes and Fees Reduced en masse in Europe as Measures Against High Electricity Prices
- » Bulgarian Restaurateur: There is No Way to Check Customers for Green Certificates
- » Bulgaria’s Government Announces Measures to Compensate Businesses for High Electricity Prices