Red Tape Stifles Bulgaria
I am an Englishman who has lived here since 2004 during which time I have witnessed the incredibly complex processes needed to complete a simple transaction.
How long will it be before this Government reduces the red tape that surrounds even selling a company car, to mention only one transaction.
I experienced even more difficulty when swapping my British driving license for a EU license. I was asked for my school leaving cetificate by the police in Veliko Tarnovo (I left school in 1948).
I travelled to the UK and asked the Head Master of my old school for a copy but records only went back to 1960. Eventually I made contact with the British Embassy who confirmed that Sofia Traffic Police HQ do not require such documentation!
And these are just two examples of red tape!
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Snow on Epiphany Morning in a Soviet Era Sofia Apartment
- » Final US Presidential Debate: Trump May Have Decreased Chance of Success
- » The Second US Presidential Debate: Observations and Analysis
- » Observations on the First Clinton-Trump Debate
- » A Letter to the Azerbaijani People
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo