3 Bulgarian Towns Suffer Heat Records
Three towns in Southwestern and Northern Bulgaria have registered temperature records amidst the currently raging heat wave.
The southwestern town of Sandanski near the border with Greece registered Monday a record temperature of 38.1 degrees Celsius, breaking the previous record for the same day – 37.3 – registered back in 2007.
According to the National Meteorology Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Svishtov on the Danube and Lovech in Northern Bulgaria also saw record temperatures – 36.2 degrees Celsius.
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Temperatures From 23C to 28C
- » California Bans Leather and Fur Products
- » Experts from more than 10 Countries Discussed the Prevention of Forest Fires at a Two-Day Conference in Sofia
- » The MoEW Does NOT Negotiate with Italy for the Import of Waste from Rome
- » A 4.3 Magnitude Earthquake Registered in the Aegean Sea near Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Clouds to Decrease