Bulgaria Braces for Massive Summer Heat Wave
All of Bulgaria is under a Code "Yellow" warning, the third highest level of alert, because of the summer heat the country is expected to experience on Sunday, July 10.
The heat alert level was raised Saturday night after only 9 of Bulgaria's 28 districts were under Code "Yellow" for July 9, the Meteorology Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences has announced.
Two of Bulgaria's districts – Vidin and Blagoevgrad – have the second highest alert level – Code "Organge" - for Sunday.
In terms of temperatures, Code "Yellow" means between 34 and 37 degrees Celsius, while Code "Orange" stands for 38-41 degrees.
The Bulgarian authorities have warned everyone on the country's territory to be extremely careful with sun and heat exposure.
- » Mount Etna WAKES UP
- » 5.3 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Greece
- » It will be mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Isolated Showers and Thunder Possible
- » Mostly Sunny Weather Today, Highs between 27C and 32C
- » Sunny Today, Scattered Showers and Thunder
- » 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali