Bulgarian MEP Wants Temporary Shutdown of Sofia Intl Airport
Bulgarian MEP Antoniya Parvanova has requested in front of the European Parliament a temporary close down of Sofia International Airport due to what she sees as unwarranted interference with passengers' luggage.
"I constantly receive complaints from passengers who find their suitcases broken into, with personal belongings missing. This easy access to passenger luggage might ease terrorist actions of tragic consequences," stated the Bulgarian ALDE MEP.
Parvanova said she has notified the state company managing the airport, as well as the Bulgarian Minister of Transport Ivaylo Moskovski, in which she requested an immediate improvement of security measures at the airport, including a temporary suspension of its license if needed.
End of last week Minister Moskovski dismissed Sofia International Airport head Asen Tanchev and replaced him with Veselin Peikov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Rising Prices of Fruits and Vegetables
- » Bulgarians are Shortening their Holidays at the Seaside because of Expensive Fuels
- » Moscow: Sofia's Refusal of the New Payment System leads to more Expensive Gas
- » Sofia: A Protest against High Fuel Prices is planned for Today
- » Oil is Cheaper by more than 5% against one-month Price Lows
- » Until next summer, Terminal 1 Flights will be Closed at Sofia Airport