A BULGARIAN SINGER WON VERDI`S PRIZE
Society | August 4, 2001, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A 22-year-old Bulgarian basso Deyan Vachkov won a special award at the 20th international opera and operetta festival in Vienna. Verdi`s Prize awarded to Vachkov was well deserved after his performance of the aria of Gomez de Silva. For years on end Bulgarians failed to reach the second round of this contest. Fifteen out of a total of 130 candidates reached the final. The Austrians liked the young Bulgarian so much that immediately after they invited him to sing in the Schoenbrunn Palace. Naturally, Deyan would like to be like his great fellow-countrymen, Boris Hristov and Nikolai Gyaourov, and perhaps even to surpass them. Experts predict a brilliant future for him, just as they did for so many Bulgarian basso singers.Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » At Least 11 Drown as 'Duck Boat' Capsizes in Missouri
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria
- » Mexico City Earthquake: Houses Evacuated as 5.7 Quake Rocks Mexican Capital
- » A Weak Earthquake in Southwestern Bulgaria
- » EU Health Commissioner: The Measures taken by Bulgaria on Rinderpest are Strictly in Line with the EC’s Recommendations
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)