Death Toll Rises in European E. Coli Outbreak
The total number of dead in Europe caused by the E. Coli outbreak reached 27 Thursday, as two more deaths were confirmed in Germany.
While the rate of infection is slowing down, the number of infections continues to rise, climbing above 2 800, the Robert Koch Institut said, CNN reports. More than 700 of the infected suffer from the severe form of the intestinal illness.
On Wednesday, EU Agriculture Commissioner Dacian Ciolos raised his aid package offer to EUR 210 M million to help farmers recover from some of their losses as a result of the E. Coli crisis. He had initially proposed EUR 150 M in aid.
German authorities, now with European assistance, are still hunting for the source of the outbreak
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Kremlin Supports the Serbs in Kosovo - The West blames Pristina
- » MEPs call for Hungary's EU Presidency to be Postponed
- » Day 462 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia announced that it had Sunk Ukraine's last Warship
- » Artificial Intelligence could wipe out Humanity according to Experts
- » Blinken: Now is the Time for Sweden to join NATO
- » Failure: North Korea's Spy Satellite Crashed into the Sea