Bulgarian Pilot Successfully Ditches DHL Plane in Gabon
A Bulgarian pilot has successfully managed to ditch a DHL cargo plane crash in the Central African nation of Gabon, international agencies reported.
The Bulgarian crew member, whose name has not been revealed, two Ukranian crew members, as well as a Gabonese passenger all survived the emergency landing, which occurred just off the coast of Libreville, Gabon, Monday morning. They have been taken to a local hospital.
Gabon's Transport Ministry said the plane, a Solenta Aviation Gabon Antonov AN-26, had been given permission to land in the capital when the pilot alerted there had been a hydraulic problem.
Witnesses on the ground reported both propellers were not turning.
The government said it would open an investigation into the crash, and ban flights involving that type of cargo plane until further notice.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 395 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Moscow’s Advance in Bakhmut is Slowing Down
- » Biden: US does not seek Conflict with Iran but will respond "Forcefully" to protect its Personnel
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country