Prominent Bulgarian Artist Georgi Trifonov Dies at 63
Prominent Bulgarian painter and poet, Georgi Trifonov, passed away Saturday morning, the press center of the Bulgarian Culture Ministry informs.
Trifonov, one of the brightest and talented contemporary Bulgarian artists, was born on December 18, 1947.
His work includes a variety of visual arts: paintings, decorations, drawings, graphics, and illustrations.
Trifonov is also known for his paintings of biblical scenes such a "Doors before the Horizon" and "Memory." He had held a number of exhibits in Bulgaria and abroad.
The Fund for Support of Art at the Union of Bulgarian Artists was founded in 1993, under Trifonov's proposal.
He had further authored seven poetry books and one script.
Trifonov is the holder of a number of prestigious awards and orders. He just received the latest one – "St. St. Cyril and Methodius" on May 24, the Day of Slavic Culture and Script.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76