Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Our Envoys Don't Write in 'WikiLeaks Style'
Bulgaria's envoys abroad do not write diplomatic cables the same way US Ambassadors do, according to the country's Foreign Minister, Nikolay Mladenov.
The Bulgarian diplomats also do psychological profiles of politicians with whom important meetings are scheduled, but in a "different style", he said.
"The gravest issue with what comes out from WikiLeaks is that big conclusions are being made based on little fragments," Mladenov stated, as cited by the Dnevnik daily. He pointed out that the Bulgarian-US relations are not dependent on the leaked cables and pointed out the great level of mutual trust between the two nations.
Recently, WikiLeaks documents emerged about Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's participation in scandalous fuel deals, meta-amphetamine trafficking and close ties to Lukoil and Russia. The leaked cables were provided to the project for investigative journalism www.bivol.bg.
One day after the publication of the scandalous reports on Borisov, current US Ambassador James Warlick paid a surprise visit to Parliament to listen to the Prime Minister's statement during the parliamentary sitting.
In a subsequent interview for the media, the US Ambassador declared his support for Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria
- » US Ambassador: Politicians in Bulgaria take advantage of Russian Propaganda for short-term Benefits