The Sun: Berbatov Quits ManU after Euro Snub*
By NEIL CUSTIS
DIMITAR BERBATOV is set to quit Manchester United after being axed from their Champions League final squad.
Berba - joint top Premier League scorer with 20 goals - did not take his seat in the stands for the game.
And at the end he failed to join the other omitted players on the Wembley pitch.
Instead he is understood to have gone straight on to the team bus at the final whistle.
His Champions League record might explain Alex Ferguson's decision. Berba last scored in the competition in October 2008.
He started just five of United's last 20 games, largely due to the emergence of the Wayne Rooney-Javier Hernandez partnership.
But Berbatov, 30, did expect to be on the bench and will have been all the more bewildered that Michael Owen was chosen.
Now he is set to look for a club where he can be considered first choice.
United pal Nani admitted: "It's a very difficult moment for him. It's very hard but the manager has to make a decision and it's very hard for him too."
*The title has been changed by Novinite.com
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'