Poptodorova: Small US Business Is Interested in Bulgaria
Smaller US companies are increasingly interested in investing in Bulgaria, Bulgarian Ambassador to Washington DC, Elena Poptodorova, says.
In an interview for the Bulgarian news agency, BTA, Poptodorova commented on her just-concluded 5-day trip across the US. She went to the cities of Chicago, Il, Houston, TX; Phoenix, AZ, and San Francisco, CA in a joint initiative with US Ambassador to Sofia, James Warlick, to secure American investments in Bulgaria.
"Big companies are very important, and they are already in Bulgaria, but small and medium business is equally significant," according to Poptodorova.
"The American East and West Coasts are spoiled because everyone goes to the big companies there and this cannot be avoided, but I believe we are yet to use the full potential of the Mid-West. Small companies are curious about the outside world; they want to do honest business and we must seek the way to them," the Bulgarian Ambassador points out.
Poptodorova informed several companies from Phoenix and Houston have demonstrated interest in investing in Bulgaria while meetings with energy giants Chevron and Exxon Mobile have been very successful. She stated she is constantly working on stimulating the latter's involvement with Bulgaria and their participation in the country's energy balance.
The so-called "Road Show" also focused on the advantage of Bulgaria being an EU member.
"At the beginning, Americans were uneasy, thinking this membership would restrict business with the US, but having now several years of experience, we can outline sectors and programs where there will be great mutual benefit – mainly the development of rural areas and infrastructure projects," the Ambassador explained.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January
- » Bulgaria will sign Agreements with the US and France for the Construction of 4 Nuclear Units at the sites in Kozloduy and Belene
- » Day 398 of the Invasion of Ukraine: First British Challenger Tanks have arrived in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian iGaming Industry enjoying American Expansion
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas