Sofia Airport Serviced Record Number of Passengers April 2011
Bulgaria's Sofia International Airport serviced 282 694 passengers April 2011, which is 13% more than the same period of 2009, when the record 250 000 passengers were serviced.
April 2011 saw a 60 000 increase year on year, which can be attributed to the Icelandic volcano crisis in the same month of 2010.
A total of 3 863 planes were serviced by the airport in April 2011, which is a 14% increase compared with April 2010. A total of 1 255 tons of cargo and post were handled during the month, which is also a 14% increase.
In April, it was revealed that the Sofia International Airport registered a 3% increase of the number of serviced passengers in the first quarter of 2011, compared to the same period of 2010, which was a record year for the airport.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Night Curfew and New Restrictions in Greece Due to the Coronavirus
- » Bulgarian Black Sea Coast: Hotels in Albena Are Closing Due to Lack of Tourists
- » Greece Puts the Island of Poros under Curfew After Rise in Coronavirus Cases
- » Mandatory PCR Test for Bulgarians From Three Districts Entering Germany
- » 70 Euros for COVID-19 Test at the Thessaloniki Airport
- » NSI: Bulgarians Are Pessimistic About Their Income in the Next 12 Months