Bulgaria to Host World Center for Wild Game Health
Bulgaria will be the host to the unique world reference center for the health of wild game, it was announced Sunday at a meeting of the International Council for Game and Wildlife Conservation (CIC).
The 58th congress of the CIC - the largest worldwide organization for the development of hunting and protection of game - is currently taking place in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Sunday CIC president Bernard Loze announced that Bulgaria will become the permanent host of the first worldwide center for wild game disease diagnostics.
Bulgaria will provide a building for the institution, while CIC will provide equipment. The center will use international and Bulgarian veterinary doctors and scientists.
The decision was jointly negotiated by CIC, the World Organization for Animal Health and the Bulgarian government.
Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture has expressed hopes that the decision will draw international attention to Bulgaria and boosts its image as a destination for tourism and hunting.
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures between 23°C and 28°C
- » The EC Creates an Air Fleet to Combat Fires
- » Experts Say the Ocean Level May Rise 2m by the End of the Century
- » Bear Cub Visited a Private Yard of a House in Kladnitsa, Western Bulgaria (Video)
- » A Mild Earthquake Was Registered in the Kresna Seismic Zone