Balcony Collapses, Kills Czech Man in Sofia
A 25-year-old Czech man died and two Bulgarian women were injured when a balcony collapsed in Sofia early Saturday morning.
The incident occurred at about 4 am on Saturday at 41 Neofit Rilski Street, near the Vitosha Blvd in the very downtown of the Bulgarian capital.
The Czech citizen, whose first name is Stepan and whose family name is not reported, was on the balcony of an apartment on the third floor where he lived together with two Bulgarian women when the balcony collapsed.
Both of the women aged 20 and 19 are in hospital, with the first one being in a critical condition.
The causes of the collapse of the balcony are investigated. The small streets in the Sofia downtown are lined with older buildings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny, in some places with Rain today
- » Bulgaria: Passengers refused to get off a Plane that landed in Varna instead of Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 19 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today
- » COVID-19: 42 New Cases in the Last 24 hours