Commissioner Georgieva to Greet Bulgarians on Europe Day Eve
Bulgarian EU commissioner Kristalina Georgieva will travel to her home country to take part Sunday evening in festivities marking May 9, Europe Day.
Celebrations will start at 5.30 pm local time at the National Palace of Culture in central Sofia, where a special book bazaar will be staged, involving donation and free exchange of books.
At 6.30 pm students from the New Bulgarian University will tell popular European folk tales at an open stage in front of the National Palace of Culture.
7.30 pm commissioner Kristalina Georgieva will take the stage to address her compatriots and open a festive concert featuring, among others, Theodosii Spasov, Karandila Junior, Lyubo, and Grafa.
A symphonic concert of works by Ludwig van Beethoven played by Symphoniette Sofia will start at 7 pm in Bulgaria Hall.
Festivities will continue on Monday, Europe Day, with a number of open-air events and concerts throughout Sofia.
The full program for Monday (in Bulgarian) can be viewed HERE.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Receives Support from Hungary for Entry in Schengen Area
- » Bulgaria Received Last Warning from EU to Change Its Airport Fees
- » Bulgaria Wants Comprehensive EU Solution for Integration of N.Macedonia
- » President Radev Will Represent Bulgaria at European Council Meeting in Brussels
- » Bulgaria Takes over Rotating Presidency of SEDM Process
- » Eurostat: Excess Mortality Rate in EU Highest in Bulgaria