Climate Change Brings Fall to Bulgaria
Fall came to Bulgaria Saturday overnight and is expected to stay some days, with temperatures in the low 10s and heavy rainfall.
Untypically for early May when spring is expected to be in full bloom, Sunday highs for capital Sofia will stay around 12 degrees C, with temperatures not much higher elsewhere, except for southern Bulgaria where they might reach 16 C.
Rainfall is expected to be significant accross the country, with national forecasters warning of snow at elevations above 1500 m, where highs are exected to be below freezing.
Hikers are advised to abstain from going out or else exercise special caution, because of fog and high winds in addition to precipitation and unduly low temperatures.
The fall weather is expected to linger until Wednesday and Thursay. Thursday temperatures are exected to start rising, and some sun is expected Friday.
- » Mount Etna WAKES UP
- » 5.3 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Greece
- » It will be mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Isolated Showers and Thunder Possible
- » Mostly Sunny Weather Today, Highs between 27C and 32C
- » Sunny Today, Scattered Showers and Thunder
- » 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Bali