Bulgarian Communist Dictator's Plane to Be Submerged in Black Sea
The personal plane of late Bulgarian Communist dictator Todor Zhivkov is to be submerged in the bay of the Black Sea city of Varna, where it will become an underwater tourist attraction.
The plane will be submerged on May 21 by diving center Sredets, Anton Angelov, deputy head of the Technical Driving Bulgaria association, told BurgasNews Thursday.
Besides serving as an attraction, the plane will be used for the training of underwater divers. Gradually, it will become an artificial reef.
Todor Zhivkov was a Communist politician and leader of the People's Republic of Bulgaria from March 4, 1954 until November 10, 1989.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Tourism Reports the Most Difficult Summer Season and Losses of Nearly 80%
- » Ryanair Reduces Its Flights by Additional 20 Percent in October
- » Two-Thirds of Hotels in Bulgaria Empty in July, Turnover Down With 65%
- » Wales and Scotland Impose a 14-Day Quarantine on Those Arriving from Portugal
- » United Airline to Cut Over 16 000 Jobs
- » Denmark Removes Bulgaria from Quarantine List