Bulgarian Zoo Adopts Orphaned Brown Bear Baby
The zoo in northern Bulgarian city of Pleven has adopted a lonely orphaned brown bear which was found wandering on its own.
The 2-3-month-old bear was found in the central part of the Stara Planina (Balkan) mountain near Gabrovo near a house in the village of Zeleno Darvo. The Environment Ministry decided to turn it over to the Pleven Zoo in the Kaylaka park.
The baby bear is still very timid, does not leave its cave, and eats milk and baby food. It is still unknown if it is a boy or a girl, Darik Radio reported citing the Akvarel firm which manages the Pleven Zoo.
The employees of the Balgarka natural park who found the baby bear believe that its mother was most likely hunted down because she never showed up and no traces of her were found in the area.
The Pleven Zoo has 130 animals from 27 species. Its monthly budget is BGN 8000.
- » Will the Weather in Bulgaria Surprise us Next Week?
- » Mount Etna WAKES UP
- » 5.3 Magnitude Earthquake Was Registered in Greece
- » It will be mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, Isolated Showers and Thunder Possible
- » Mostly Sunny Weather Today, Highs between 27C and 32C
- » Sunny Today, Scattered Showers and Thunder