Bulgarian Police Fail to Prevent Suicide in Downtown Sofia
Borislav Ivanov, 57, committed suicide in the Bulgarian capital Sofia after four hours of negotiations with the police and psychologists.
The man barricaded himself inside his apartment in downtown Sofia (the corner of "Rakovski" street and "Dondukov" boulevard) around 7 pm. Friday, prompting the police to close the busy intersection for traffic for many hours.
The motives for the suicide remain unknown. Darik radio informs the man did not have a criminal record and his gun was owned legally.
Ivanov is also said to have been celebrating his birthday on the night of the tragedy and to have had serious money troubles.
The police were alerted by a friend of the man, who called to report Borislav was disturbed, overly excited and threatened suicide with his gun.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Pregnant Woman and a Child were Injured after a Police Car Chase with Migrants
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 221 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Snow in 21 areas in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 42 Migrants caught in Nova Zagora
- » Census 2021: Over Half a Million People in Bulgaria were not Counted
- » The Bulgarian Government will allocate additional Funds for Heating Subsidies