Bulgarian Folk Group Dedicates Song to William and Kate
The Mayor of the Bulgarian village of Zabardo, in the Rhodope Mountains, Veselin Cherpokov, has sent an official invitation to British Prince William and his bride, Kate Middleton, to pay a visit to the village.
Zabardo is known for its folklore, traditions and the Zabardo Wheel, a carousel that became the symbol of a couple's never-ending love and devotion.
In a congratulations address to the British Embassy in Sofia, the Mayor is inviting the royal newly-weds to take a spin on the Wheel.
In addition, the famous Zabardo grandmothers' folk group has modified a popular Rhodope folk song with new arrangement and text, dedicated to William and Kate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Actress Megan Fox is in Bulgaria
- » Muslims Celebrate Eid al-Adha (Kurban Bayram) Today
- » Nearly BGN 12 Million Will Go to 3000 Independent Artists in Bulgaria
- » Rembrandt's Self-Portrait Has Been Auctioned for €16 Million in Just 6 Minutes
- » Bulgaria's Last Submarine "Slava" to Become a Museum
- » Bulgaria Marks 183 Years Since the Birth of National Hero Vassil Levski