Bulgarian Nationalists to Stage New Rallies against Jehovah's Witnesses
New protests against the Bulgarian Jehovah Witnesses movement are to take place in May, the VMRO – BND nationalist party announced Tuesday.
The rallies will be staged before prayer houses in the Southern Bulgarian cities of Sofia, Plovdiv and Asenovgrad, Alexander Sidi, representative for the party, told Darik radio.
The Jehovah Witnesses is the most aggressive sect when it comes to recruiting new members, Sidi claimed, pointing out they go around knocking on people's doors and that they use their own magazine, " The Watchtower", to lure citizens into their movement.
On April 17 five followers of the Jehovah Witnesses were injured in a clash provoked by a rally against their sect, organized by VMRO. The incident happened in the Black Sea city of Burgas, in front of the Jehovah Witnesses House of Prayer.
The attackers were football hooligans, VMRO explained afterwards, stating that the party intended to stage a peaceful protest. However, it warned that accidents like this may follow if the Jehovah Witnesses are not banned.
- » Mobile Application to Collect Data about State of Health of the Public in Bulgaria
- » 5000 People in Bulgaria Lost their Jobs in just a Day because of the Coronavirus
- » The State of Emergency in Bulgaria Extended to May 13th
- » 498 COVID-19 Infected in Bulgaria
- » The Peak of COVID-19 Epidemic in Bulgaria Expected in 2-3 Weeks
- » 485 Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, 14 People Died